Company: Cable ONE
Posted on: August 2, 2022
At Cable One and our family of brands, we keep our customers and
associates connected to what matters most. For our associates, that
means: a thriving and rewarding career, respect for the communities
where they live and work, a focus on health and wellness, an
excellent work/life balance, and an open and inclusive
As a Sparklight Field Technician, you will be helping your
community stay connected to what matters most! Your daily tasks
will include installing services in residential and commercial
properties, completing repairs, and relocating existing
What you will do to contribute to the company's success
- Connect our customers to what they love by installing customer
service drops or outlets in both residential and business
- Take the training you gain to use electronic test equipment and
online diagnostic tools to troubleshoot customer service drops or
outlets, diagnose and repair reception performance issues, and
resolve all problems from the customer's equipment to the output of
the first distribution amplifier.
- You will ensure we're providing proper upstream and downstream
signal levels at each termination on the customer's premises.
- You will be proactive by suggesting upgrades of existing
services as well as educate customers on the use of their
- This position has the expectation and responsibility to take on
other duties needed to help drive our Purpose, fulfill our Brand
Principles, and abide by our Organization's Value.
- A good driving record and a valid driver's license in the state
you are applying.
- We want to train you! You will need to have the aptitude and
ability to learn to use RF, digital and Volt-Ohm meters and other
related equipment to interpret data and use information to solve
problems and determine optimal signal routing.
- Flexibility to go above and beyond for our customers by working
overtime and on-call as needed.
- Problem solving is key when working with our customers. Be able
to listen to customers and present solutions in a positive
- Due to the nature of the position you will need to successfully
work in small and confined areas; lift to 80 lbs.; work on a
ladder; and work in all weather conditions.
- You will have demonstrated at least 3 months of customer
service or related experience and/or training. The equivalent
combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required. Our customers
need you to help keep them connected to what matters most!
- Committed: Values each and every customer, while working hard
to keep their business and support our communities.
- Helpful: Delivers support in the ways that are most useful to
our customers and addresses their needs with expertise, respect,
- Proactive: Understand what our customers need, and actively
works to make their relationship with use seamless, easy, and
- Personal: Knows our customers well, and tailors our
communications and interactions to address their needs and
Cable One and our family of brands appreciates the role our
associates play to help the company grow, and in return an
excellent benefits package is offered to our associates to
recognize the importance of their contributions, such as:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans - start when you start!
- Life insurance (self, spouse, children)
- Paid time off (vacation, holiday, and personal/sick days)
- 401(k) - 100% company match (match program starts after 1 year
of service, up to 5% of eligible compensation)
- Group Legal plan with Identity Theft Protection
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,250 on 1st year)
- Up to seventy-five dollars a month towards cable and internet
- Annual community support to various organizations across the
- Associate recognition & awards programs
- Advancement opportunities
- Collaborative work environment
We're an Award-Winning Organization!
- 2022 Forbes' "America's Best Midsized Employers"
Diversity lies in the communities we serve and among the associates
who dedicate themselves to ensure our continued success. Here at
Cable One and our family of brands, we believe it is our individual
and unique talents, backgrounds and perspectives that, when
combined, truly make us an unstoppable force. "Stronger Together"
is not just a verbal cue, it is the motto that our associates live
by, exemplify, and embody each and every day.
Cable One and our family of brands is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to, among other things, race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Cable One and our family of brands is committed to keeping our
associates and customers safe. Job offers are contingent upon the
results of background, drug screening, and reference check. Only
after successfully passing these pre-hire clearances are
individuals approved for hire and ready to start their successful
and rewarding career.
Keywords: Cable ONE, Norman , Field Tech, Other , Ada, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!