Company: The University of Oklahoma
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Performs landscape duties involving strenuous physical activity.
Tasks are precisely defined and are specified either verbally or in
* Participates in routine grounds maintenance functions.
* Performs varied unskilled work, such as loading and unloading
trucks, cleaning work areas, digging ditches, spreading sand, dirt,
and asphalt, etc.
* Hand-waters and irrigates turf areas, hedges, and flower and
* Uses power mowing equipment to cut grass.
* Applies pesticides and fertilizers.
* Ensures that the assigned equipment being used is working at all
times. Refills fuel and cleans equipment daily.
* Performs minor maintenance on equipment and hand tools. Reports
equipment problems or failures.
* Moves and cuts tree limbs with a chain saw or runs through a
chipper. Maintains records on tree maintenance activities and
* May plant, mulch, cultivate and weed flowers, shrubs and
* May use hand-cutting tools to trim grass, edging, curbs, trees
* Performs related duties as needed to successfully fulfill the
functions of the position.
Required Education: None.
* Ability to communicate verbally or in writing
* Basic math skills
* Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and
* Ability to operate lawn equipment
* Valid Oklahoma Driver's License in order to drive University
vehicles or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire date
* Exposure to physically demanding tasks such as heavy lifting of
100 pounds or more.
* Exposure to extreme temperature changes. Ability to work outdoors
in all weather conditions including in the heat and cold. Some
overtime, including nights, weekends, and holidays may be required.
Frequent exposure to chemicals or other hazardous materials. May be
designated as an essential position during emergency closures. May
be required to remain on campus overnight during weather or other
* If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you
will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus
Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit
* The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse,
equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each
person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The
University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging
and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an
inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic
and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
* The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable
federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based
on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic
information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion,
disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its
policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not
limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing,
services in educational programs or activities, and health care
services that the University operates or provides.
Keywords: The University of Oklahoma, Norman , Turf Operator, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!