Supervisor - Crossroads
Company: University of Oklahoma - Information Technology
Posted on: September 23, 2022
This position is responsible for supervising, training and
evaluating assigned personnel. They will determine work priorities,
plan schedules, assign and review work. Provides guidance and
training in food preparation, serving techniques, safe operation of
equipment and proper sanitation. Prepares food following recipes
and applying individual portion control standards. Properly and
safely measures, weighs and combines ingredients for quantity
preparation of simple menu items.
- Plans cooking and preparation schedules to assure timetables
are met. Prepares, season, cooks, fires and bakes food according to
standard recipes following portion control standards. Modifies
recipes and/or production amounts.
- Ensures optimal quality of food throughout preparation and
- Prepares food items for individual serving following portion
- Determines food quantities, prepares estimates of time, labor
and materials for assigned tasks. Oversees maintenance of
inventory, food consumption and other food service records.
Operates a variety of manual and/or automatic kitchen equipment
such as ovens, grills, mixers,slicers, etc.
- Handles operational readiness and safety of equipment and
- Adheres to university and Health Department quality
- Advises manager concerning quantity and quality of food and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education: High school diploma or GED or graduate of
culinary school, AND:
- 36 months experience in food services to include 12 months in a
- Uses tools, such as knives, splicers, potato peelers, etc.
and/or small kitchen equipment in a manner requiring reasonable
proficiency, generally derived from previous training or during the
introductory period. Skilled in the safe, sanitary, and effective
handling of food, cooking utensils, food processing equipment,
walk-in refrigeration, elevators, cash registers, food digester,
dishwashers, time clock, etc.
- Performs addition, subtraction, multiplication, simple
accounting, and division effectively enough to count change, when
necessary, take inventory, serve portions, enter time on a times
- Reads and interprets routine written materials, menus,
instructions and e-mails.
- Communicates effectively, in English, orally and/or in
- Understands and demonstrates Housing and Food Services core
values at all times.
- Basic understanding of nutrition and portion control.
- Understands and applies time and attendance guidelines with
ability to use systems to clock in/out.
- Able to handle varying workloads and meet deadlines as
- Communicate orally and in writing as required to exchange
information; read and understand basic written materials;
- Basic math and computer skills
Advertised Physical Requirements:
Must be 18 years or older. Must submit to a background check. Must
not have had a felony conviction for abuse of any kind, theft,
rape, sexual assault, distribution of drugs or other similar
conviction. Perseverance, both physically and mentally, for
fast-paced and demanding responsibilities required. Exposure to
disagreeable conditions such as handling greasy, dirty materials,
walking on slippery floors, walking or riding between buildings on
campus, going in and out of walk-in refrigeration units, etc.
Frequent and repetitive arm and wrist movement. Exposure to
chemicals and noxious odors. Ability to lift objects up to 58 lbs,
and push/pull up to 100 lbs, depending on job assignment. Ability
to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and adapt to a large
kitchen environment with varying temperatures (-8 to 80 degrees
Fahrenheit). Climb stairs, as necessary, and depending on job
assignment, occasionally to frequently. This will be determined by
employee's assignment. As essential personnel you may be required
to work during University closings. Nights and weekends may apply
for any operations especially those operating 24/7.
- ServSafe Certification
- Previous franchise restaurant experience
Supervision of Others: Supervises a small staff.
Certifications: Safe Food Handling and Sanitation Certification
from County Health Department will be required shortly after
***Normally, employees on a 5 hour shift receive a free meal.
Uniforms are provided at no cost, but must be maintained by the
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you
will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus
Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit
- Hepatitis A vaccine required.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse,
equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each
person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The
University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging
and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an
inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic
and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable
federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based
on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic
information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion,
disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its
policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not
limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing,
services in educational programs or activities, and health care
services that the University operates or provides.
Keywords: University of Oklahoma - Information Technology, Norman , Supervisor - Crossroads, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!