Sr Admin Support Specialist
Company: The University of Oklahoma
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Under general supervision, performs administrative
support-oriented job duties, to include but not limited to
resolving routine questions and problem, filing maintenance,
scheduling appointments, reception, inventory management, typing,
report preparation, and correspondence.
- Maintains office files that may be of a confidential
- Schedules various appointments for office personnel and ensures
administrative details are completed.
- Receives incoming calls for office personnel and refers to
appropriate person. Records messages or responds to caller with
routine information. Serves as a contact person for other employees
or the outside public. Provides information regarding location or
availability of materials, resources, and services.
- Monitors and orders supplies for the office and completes
- Responsible for typing correspondence, manuscripts, lectures,
and grant proposals
- Reviews and responds to routine correspondence for program
- Prepares, processes and tracks facility and service agreements,
collaborative agreements, and independent contractor forms.
- Prepares various reports, to include but not limited to
expenditures, budgetary records and staff schedules. Makes copies
and assembles materials.
- May act as the payroll coordinator for the department or
assists the payroll coordinator by providing oversight. Collects
time sheets, enters into PeopleSoft, tracks leave, completes ETR's,
and special pays.
- Opens, routes, and prepares incoming and outgoing mail. May run
errands for the department.
- Plans and organizes logistics for meetings, trainings, and
- Makes travel arrangements.
- Performs related duties as assigned to successfully fulfill the
function of the position.
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED, AND:
* 24 months office, clerical, or administrative experience.
- Knowledge of office procedures
- General office and customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and
- Excellend interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to complete tasks in an efficient and timely
- Must be detail oriented for accuracy of data and
- Ability to multitask, be organized, and self-motivated
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
Advertised Physical Requirements:
* Sit for prolonged periods. Communicatie effectively and listens.
Engage in repetitive motion. Use of computer and telephone. Stand,
stoop, bend and reach.
* University PeopleSoft experience and processing service
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for
this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma
Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy,
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to
achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community
by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and
perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a
sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that
fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit
of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma,
in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and
regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender
identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political
beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices,
or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions,
employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational
programs or activities, and health care services that the
University operates or provides.
Keywords: The University of Oklahoma, Norman , Sr Admin Support Specialist, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!