Company: SSM Health
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Assesses, plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates nursing
care for surgical patients.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accepts patient care assignments as directed. Communicates with
clinical area team members appropriately. Correctly conducts all
appropriate nursing aspects of patient assessment while using
subjective and objective data.
- Communicates effectively with patients to assess their
knowledge of surgical/invasive procedure(s) and expectations.
Adheres to universal protocol.
- Involves patient/significant others in their plan of care,
education, discharge planning, and prioritization of needs.
Utilizes available teaching resources as appropriate, and
identifies/refers patients/families as appropriate.
- Plans for patient care and/or intervenes by demonstrating basic
nursing skills, observing and accurately documenting patient's
response to nursing care, utilizing available teaching resources as
appropriate, maintaining a safe environment.
- Evaluates care by conducting ongoing assessments to identify
effectiveness of interventions, performing post-op calls following
surgical procedures, and analyzing verbal responses from patient
and family during hospitalization.
- Makes competent clinical decisions and displays the ability to
know when to involve management or other team members. Assists in
all areas of surgical services as needed.
- Provides information to the physician related to changes in the
conditions of patients in a timely manner. Documents the care given
to patients and their response to care in a timely manner.
- Correctly and efficiently administers medications, treatments,
and nursing interventions as per hospital policy.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to surgical nursing practice,
ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patients
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Norman , RN-Ambulatory Surgery, Other , Shawnee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!