Custodian I - Athletics Team
Company: University of Oklahoma - Information Technology
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Performs routine cleaning in offices and public access areas. Tasks
are precisely defined.
- Mops, sweeps, waxes, and polishes floors
- Cleans and dusts furniture, equipment, etc
- Locks and unlocks offices, classrooms, and conference areas.
Contact with others are of a routine nature
- Collects and disposes of wastepaper and refuse
- Vacuums carpeted areas where applicable
- Maintains lavatories and rest rooms in a sanitary
- May shovel snow from doorways and sidewalks
- Performs related duties as assigned
At The University of Oklahoma, we change lives. The University of
Oklahoma, located in the heart of the Great Plains, includes over
300 facilities across 3,250 acres of rolling plains. The University
of Oklahoma Department of Facilities Management supports the
University of Oklahoma's diverse range of research, academic, and
business programs. With a team of over 450 Team Members, Facilities
Management is responsible for operating, repairing, and maintaining
OU buildings, infrastructure, utilities, and grounds.
OU Facilities Management prioritizes growth and opportunity. We
encourage our Team Members to pursue areas of interest to advance
their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
OU Facilities Management is dedicated to enhancing the physical
environment at OU by being responsible stewards of OU resources,
investing in and developing our Team Members, and engaging with the
greater OU community. Learn more about Facilities Management here
There are many perks to becoming a Team Member at The University of
Oklahoma, including but not limited to:
--- 27 days of annual paid time off, increased with years of
--- 14 paid holiday days off
--- Healthcare plan options to meet healthcare and financial
--- Retirement plan options
--- Two weeks of paid parental leave
--- Employee wellness program featuring activities to earn up to
--- Discounted athletic and cultural event tickets
--- Tuition Waiver Program; Discounted tuition and fees for
yourself and other dependents
--- On-campus fitness and recreation centers, museums, gardens, and
Lead On, University. Learn more about OU Norman Campus's Strategic
Plan here .
SPECIAL NOTE: This position is a 12-hour shift, resulting in a rate
of pay $0.50 higher than a regular custodial position. If hired on
this 12-hour shift, should applicant want to change off of the
12-hour shift to another custodial team, their rate of pay would
decrease by $0.50.
SCHEDULING: This schedule is a Panama schedule pattern: 2 days on,
2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off. This is a
28-day repeating pattern.
- Week 1: OFF Monday/Tuesday, WORKING Wednesday/Thursday, OFF
- Week 2: WORKING: Monday/Tuesday, OFF: Wednesday/Thursday,
- Following weeks repeating 1 and 2
Required Education: No Formal Education AND:
- No required experience
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and
- Customer service
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Mopping, sweeping, waxing, and polishing floors.
- Cleaning and dusting of furniture and any wood work.
- Collection and disposing of wastepaper and refuse.
- Vacuuming carpeted areas.
- Maintenance of lavatories and rest rooms.
- Shoveling of snow from doorways and sidewalks.
- Lifting and carrying loads up to 100 pounds.
- Prolonged standing and walking.
- Excessive use of arms in a back and forth motion.
- Excessive stooping and bending. Exposure to odors.
- Exposure to disagreeable tasks or conditions.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Climbing stairs.
- May require some weekend and/or overtime work.
- Must be willing to wear and maintain uniforms provided by the
- May be designated as an essential position during emergency
- May be required to remain on campus overnight during weather or
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for
this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma
Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy,
visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing .
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to
achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community
by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and
perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a
sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that
fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit
of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma,
in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and
regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender
identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political
beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices,
or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions,
employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational
programs or activities, and health care services that the
University operates or provides.
Keywords: University of Oklahoma - Information Technology, Norman , Custodian I - Athletics Team, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!