Company: Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma is seeking individuals
to help grow our mission- We help people overcome challenges to
employment. Working at Goodwill is more than a job. Joining our
team is a chance to do good for yourself and the community. With
our community's donations and contract services we generate the
money needed to support our programs which provide training and
supportive services to individuals who seek greater
We invite you to take the first step in making a difference by
applying to a position with Goodwill.
JOB SUMMARY: To provide excellent customer service to internal and
external customers and perform a variety of general store duties
including collecting, sorting, processing and selling
This is not a supervisory role.
Starting Pay: $11.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers and
- Properly distribute items from the back room to the correct
areas of the.
- Clean and straighten items on the floor.
- Clean the store, the dressing rooms, and the
- Abide by the policies and procedures as set forth by Goodwill
Industries of Central Oklahoma.
- Must be able to perform tasks according to work
- Ensure security of all company assets and donations.
- Perform general sales floor/production area duties and cross
train in all work areas.
- Adhere to cash handling procedures as outlined by Agency
- Greet and assist all donors/customers while directing
complaints to management.
- Assist in loading and unloading of Goodwill trucks and
- Maintain store housekeeping to Agency standards.
- Attend training as required
- Review and be familiar with Goodwill of Central Oklahoma safety
policies, programs and procedures and adhere to all safety rules,
regulations and safety codes. Attend safety training and meetings
and report any unsafe work conditions, accidents or injuries
Perform other duties and projects as required by management.
- High school diploma or GED, preferred.
- Prior customer service experience, preferred.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Reliable transportation and communication, required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
- Live the Values
- Results Driven
- Customer Focus
- Job Skills Knowledge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on several
projects at once.
- Strong sense of internal and external customer
- Good time management skills and demonstrate adherence to
timelines and schedules.
- Good decision making skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Good interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
- This work is physical and requires the following activities:
Standing, walking, twisting, bending, grabbing and reaching for
long periods of time; occasional squatting, kneeling, stooping;
good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions;
talking, hearing, smelling and visual acuity.
- The ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 pounds, or more
- Employee is required to operate a computer.
- The employee is required to handle textiles and donated goods
and must be able to move stock onto or off shelves.
- Works in climate controlled retail or production environment
most of time but will be exposed to airborne particles such as
dust, mold, dirt and pollen as well as extreme heat and
- Must be available to work during operating hours as needed for
business operations. Work schedule may include days, evenings,
weekends, holidays and blackout periods which may vary from week to
week as well as occasional overtime when approved by
- Moderate noise level.
- May work part time or full time at the discretion of
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position.
These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in
Keywords: Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma, Inc., Norman , STORE ASSOCIATE, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!