94M Radar Repairer
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: February 5, 2019
94M Radar Repairer
Job ID: 1057390
Job Views: 15
Location: NORMAN, Oklahoma, United States
ZIP Code: 73069
Job Category: Mechanic and Maintenance
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Radar is the Army National Guard's eyes and ears, providing critical information officers need to make decisions that affect everyone in the field. The Radar Repairer is essential to communication operations, ensuring these messages are heard loud and clear.
Being a vital asset to the communications maintenance team, you will develop a working knowledge of how to operate military radar equipment and how to install, maintain, and repair it. Your duties will include troubleshooting and testing radar systems using electronic and electrical test equipment; understanding air traffic control, missile tracking, air defense, and other radar systems, as well as the ability to repair them; installing receivers, transmitters, and other components; and preparing and maintaining equipment logs.
* Inspect, test, and adjust system components, and test equipment to specific tolerances
* Perform initial, in-process, on-site technical, and quality control inspections
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Application of electronic principles and concepts
* Inspection techniques and procedures
* Interest in working with electronic equipment and radar communication
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career as a communications technician with engineering firms, the federal government, or aircraft and military hardware manufacturers.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Radar Repairer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 45 weeks of classroom instruction in two phases, which include practice in repairing and replacing equipment parts.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Norman , 94M Radar Repairer, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!