Senior Lead/Architect Bombers Software Engineer
Posted on: November 28, 2019
The Bombers Software team in Oklahoma City is experiencing
unprecedented growth across all of its supported platforms due to
the award of multiple new contracts to modernize the Bombers
fleets. -- These contracts involve the addition of new
state-of-the-art radar systems, hypersonic weapons systems, and
communications systems and displays. -- Bombers Software is seeking
talented and motivated professionals to develop innovative
solutions to complex problems for the B-1, B-2, B-52, and
ALCM/CALCM programs. The selected candidate will support tasks
across the full development lifecycle including design,
development, test, documentation, and sustainment for a product
line architecture and code baseline for Bomber aircraft platforms.
Candidates selected for these positions will work in an agile,
collaborative environment working with some of the latest software
development tools to support development and integration tasks.
Additional responsibilities may include documenting deployed
processes and tools; collecting metrics; supporting software
research and development projects. The selected candidate may also
troubleshoot basic software issues, and other software engineering
related duties as assigned by management.In this role as the Senior
Lead/Architect Software Engineer you will be responsible for
high-level technical design, troubleshooting, leadership as well as
architectural decision making on one of the programs referenced
above. --Position Responsibilities:
- Leads activities to develop, document and maintain complex
architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for
- Leads development of code and integration of complex software
components into a fully functional software system.
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test
environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test
results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads
software supplier management activities.
- Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of
processes, tools and metrics.
- Leads software research and development projects.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains,
system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to
ensure product and process conformance to project plans and
- Trains and mentors others.
- Works under consultative direction.At Boeing, we are all
innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire.
-- From the seabed to outer space, you------ll learn and grow,
contributing to work that shapes the world. -- Find your future
with us!Join us, and you can build something better for yourself,
for our customers and for the world.Security Clearance and Export
Control Requirements: This position requires the ability to obtain
a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US
Citizenship.Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Computer Science,
Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry
- Experience in embedded real-time software development
- Experience with software architecture and software
- 10 or more years of programming experience with software
development languagesPreferred Qualifications:
- Experience with the C, C++, C#, Java, Qt, Ada, and/or the
Visual Studio suite of languages is preferred.
- Experience with various Linux operating system and related
development environments is preferred.
- Experience in Customer Facing Environment
- Experience leading or managing projects or cross functional
teamsTypical Education/Experience:Education/experience typically
acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited
course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics,
physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more
years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of
technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work
experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA,
ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standard.Boeing --is a Drug Free Workplace where post
offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Keywords: Boeing, Norman , Senior Lead/Architect Bombers Software Engineer, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!