Maintenance Planner, Cement
Company: LafargeHolcim in the US
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Overview:Driven by our purpose: Building progress for people and
the planet. We are transforming to become the leader in innovative
and sustainable building solutions. Holcim US offers an
unparalleled range of innovative cement, aggregates, asphalt,
concrete products and construction services that have been the
foundation for infrastructure projects across the globe. To move
the industry forward to a greener future we need people who are
passionate about sustainability, are driven to shape and influence
perception and keen to build, grow and thrive in our
The primary objective of this position is to improve the efficiency
and productivity of the LafargeHolcim workforce, service companies
& contractors. This will be accomplished by providing the employees
with detailed job plans, including technical specifications,
machinery history, parts and tools lists, and safety procedures in
a very organized fashion. As well as by reviewing each work order
and job site to insure that the work is reasonable and valid, that
no influencing constraints are present and that all the preparatory
works are performed before job scheduling.Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and
adhering to safety policies in all work environments and
- The Maintenance Planner is responsible to prepare all planned
activities that have to be executed by the Hollcim employees,
service companies or contractors. In that role, the Planner will
work closely with the Maintenance Staff team on the following tasks
and responsibilities in order to reinforce the day-to-day
preparation and job planning.
- Add pertinent information to the work order, as required, to
facilitate the comprehension of the execution team.
- Define clearly the scope of work to be performed.
- Establish the preparatory work required prior to scheduled
equipment down time.
- Develop a detailed job plan with all the work sequences
involved to adequately complete the repairs, as well as equipment
downtime and man-hours required.
- Determine and list all the safety procedures associated with
the work to be performed.
- Develop a tool list specific to the job to be performed.
- Provide a parts list with reference numbers and exact location
for every work order and ensure that all required parts are in
stock before job scheduling.
- Ensure all technical specifications and special instructions
are provided on paper to the Supervisor and tradesmen.
- Determine the cost involved for parts and supplies for each
- Request all non-stock parts and materials as required by the
- Inform the Maintenance Coordinator when a job is ready for
- Establish and maintain with the supervisors and the stores
department, a system for proper storage of preworks and parts for
- Assist in annual budgeting process and monthly
- Ensure shutdown plans fall within budgeted costs.RELATIONSHIPS
WITH OTHER JOBS
The Maintenance Planner reports to the Methods Engineer who reports
to the Maintenance Manager who reports to the Plant
Manager.Qualifications:Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate
Degree with at least 3 years of required experience or at least 6
years with High School Diploma/GED.
Field of Study Preferred: Mechanical Engineering
Required Work Experience: Experience in cement manufacturing or
Required Computer and Software Skills: Microsoft Office
Travel Requirements: 0-10%
Keywords: LafargeHolcim in the US, Norman , Maintenance Planner, Cement, Professions , Ada, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!