Electrical Field Construction Coordinator Intern
Company: Blattner Energy
Posted on: March 20, 2023
At Blattner, we are powered by our people and driven by our
values. We build more than just renewable energy projects. We build
great careers! If you want a career that always changes, challenges
and rewards, you belong at Blattner.EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Junior
year in college. Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in
Electrical Engineering or related degree.POSITION SUMMARY: Provides
input and technical expertise for power generating construction
projects. Additional requirements are: General Contractor support
of Engineering review, procurement (if necessary), construction,
and start-up of a high or medium voltage electrical system and
associated substation. Responsible for installation guidance, QA/QC
enforcement, scheduling support, and owner correspondence. Review
and final submittal to Owner of Engineer As-builts, and project
system packages (Job Books). Assists Electrical Superintendents
with supervision of electrical subcontractors to ensure a safe,
productive quality job is attained and costs are controlled in the
construction field operations.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reviews bid package for accuracy, completeness, and electrical
work scope for electrical subcontractors and BEI electrical
- Communicates with Electrical Superintendent for immediate
review of electrical information and any changes to the job.
- Coordinates electrical work with other job planning and
functions such as foundation, erection and tower wiring.
- Ensures use of all company resources; and adherence to all
company policies and state and federal regulations.
- Use of required electrical reference codes and electrical
safety code publications.
- Coordinates subcontractors to maximize production and minimize
- Acts as an electrical consultant to supervisory and field
personnel in the areas of expertise for transmission lines,
inter-connect systems, switchgear installations, electrical
circuits, power quality, and high voltage collection/distribution
- Participates in weekly meeting with Electrical Engineers,
Electrical subcontractors, Owner (SME's) and Utility interconnect
personnel. Brings necessary information forward that may impede
design or construction. Assists with supervision of all projects
Electrical subcontractors, Electrical engineers to ensure effective
use of project resources as well as industry processes. Has a clear
understanding of production goals and cost and identifies job cost
- Conducts monitoring and inspection of electrical subcontractor
installation activities and progress.
- Responsible for safe working conditions and procedures
including becoming personally trained for future review and / or
participation in the following: switch and tag procedures,
approaching distances, arc flash, protective equipment, and
rotation and voltage check.
- Ensures a safe work environment by complying with company's
safety polices as well as complying with federal and state safety
regulations. Ensures all subcontractor equipment, materials, and
small tools are in safe operating condition. Needs to collaborate
with the Electrical subcontractors and Engineers that project will
strive for "Zero" accidents. Needs to understand conditions of
working around high voltage lines (I.e. High-potting or Partial
discharge tests). Assures there are written procedures, POD, and a
new formal plan if changes are needed.
- Communicates with Electrical Superintendent to update him/her
on project problem areas.
- Assists Electrical Superintendent communicating and negotiating
with owner regarding major project decisions.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of project schedule
as needed. Effectively schedules the work with Electrical engineer,
Electrical contractors, Utility groups, and Owner (SME's) in
accordance with the project baseline schedule. Variations need to
be shared with Electrical Superintendent or if directed share with
Project Manager and also Owner representative. Assist site team
with short interval plan (two week look ahead) and Plan of the
- Compares and continuously monitors actual costs to the job
estimate and informs Electrical Superintendent / Site Manager of
- Assists the Electrical Superintendent in establishing the
Project Electrical budget (Engineering, Construction, and
Interconnect.) Will assist Electrical superintendent in expediting
change orders and changes to project Electrical budget. Will review
equipment with Engineer and Owner to utilize most cost effective
equipment that is approved for the construction site.
- Schedules equipment and subcontractors to effectively utilize
- Arranges for engineering support and consultation as needed as
well as provide for peer review of critical electrical issues.
- Works with Site Manager to fill in during absence of the
project Electrical Superintendent, to the extent of being qualified
and trained. Immediately communicate the need if temporary support
is required from another qualified and trained Electrical
Superintendent or Avon Electrical.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor
vehicle driving record (MVR).
- Able to relocate to the community of each construction project
site assigned for the duration of the internship.
- Combination of electrical training and electrical construction
field experience, as well as the ability to perform administrative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Basic understanding of safety construction, commissioning, and
testing electrical systems.
- Ability to progress toward supervising a large number of
- Possess effective oral, presentational, and written
- Possess a solid understanding of tracking job progress, costing
and formal reporting.
- May be required to become a qualified individual in pursuit of
company contract licensing, or a journeyman or master electrician
license.We are a unique team of talented, passionate and dedicated
individuals. Experience the power of Blattner.
Keywords: Blattner Energy, Norman , Electrical Field Construction Coordinator Intern, Professions , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...