Principal Architect (Security & IAM)
Company: The Chickasaw Nation
Posted on: February 14, 2019
- Each employee is required to support the mission of the Chickasaw nation upon becoming a member of the Chickasaw Nation team.
- Our Mission is to enhance the overall quality of life for Chickasaw citizens.
- Actively supports the annual Chickasaw Festival through serving on an assigned team and completing assigned duties.
- Works with Enterprise Architecture & Innovation senior leadership to define the Chickasaw Nation architecture vision and strategy, through collaboration with technical and business partners across the enterprise.
- Defines and applies technical architecture standards for scalability, reliability, performance, resiliency, interoperability, security, mobility and total cost of ownership.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage enterprise-wide tools for automating, monitoring, and managing the current and future technology environments in a proactive manner.
- Understands the business context of solution requirements, and lead architecting sessions evaluating tradeoffs between design, risk, technology, and cost to achieve the end-to-end solution.
- Recommend solutions that meet technical needs and satisfy customer business outcomes.
- This includes integration architecture and supporting documentation /diagrams detailing the specific architecture.
- Creates and maintains as-is and to-be architecture artifacts.
- Play the SME role across all involved teams (business and technical) for how the recommended solution and architecture fits the requirements. Communicate in business and technical terms
- Reviews vendor contracts from the perspective of technology and cloud standards, as well as all applicable architecture considerations.
- Identifies emerging trends in IT solutions in order to better align technical solutions with customer needs
- Reviews and ensures adherence to Enterprise Architecture and Technology Strategy by serving as an advocate
- Builds strategic technology and capability roadmap(s) for the enterprise; communicates and drives the implementation of its short-term and long-term objectives.
- Identifies new technologies and platforms that help solve technical challenges or limitations in the existing Chickasaw Nation infrastructure and operations.
- Leads development of the business case for complex solutions.
- Influences and leads change among team and during architecture projects.
- Provides thought leadership for architecture, engineering, deployment and operations of technologies and platforms across all Chickasaw Nation systems.
- Defines and drives architecture principles by providing strategic and technical leadership for enabling existing solutions in required environments (cloud/hybrid/on-prem) that support business outcomes.
- Provides IT security architecture functions associated with authentication and authorization both on-premises and cloud based systems as well as role based access control strategies.
- Designs IAM architecture and strategies to securely authenticate users, systems, and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). Provides configuration and deployment oversight for identity solutions.
- Develops and maintains authentication and access control standards to achieve the best overall combination of security, user access, and maintenance costs for IAM.
- Evaluates IAM integration requirements prior to implementation of new technologies and applications to ensure adherence to IAM standards and security policies.
- Applies expertise and experience in identity and access management technology, methods, and protocols in a large, complex enterprise environment.
- Assesses and applies security concepts and safeguards to data, applications, APIs, and infrastructure.
- Integrates and assesses current and future technology trends into a productivity and security enhancing service for the Chickasaw Nation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Expert knowledge of subject matter including corporate level architecture systems and implementation procedures, security software products, domain structures, user authentication, user profiles, and digital signatures.
- Expert knowledge of authentication protocols and standards to include but not limited to Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), OAUTH standards, OpenID Connect, Federated Identity Management, Single Sign On, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and X.509.
- Experience using a common IT Framework such as NIST, ISO, COBIT, etc.
- Expert knowledge of technical security controls and technologies
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Provides leadership, coaching, and mentoring to team.
- Handles complex issues and problems. Training & Experience
- 3+ year experience in architecture strategy and complex architecture
- 10+ years of direct architecture related activities
- 4+ years experience with IT engineering, development, or operations. Education
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or other related discipline. License/Certifications/Other
- Relevant IT security certification is required.
- Must be able to pass background check and receive a gaming license from the Chickasaw Nation Office of the Gaming Commission as required to work in gaming operations.
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- Must be able to complete pre-employment drug test with a negative result. - provided by Dice Principal Architect, Security, IAM, SAML, OAUTH, OpenID Connect, FIM, Single Sign On, PKI, NIST, ISO, Communication
Keywords: The Chickasaw Nation, Norman , Principal Architect (Security & IAM), Professions , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!