Sterile Processing Technician
Company: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 25, 2019
Role Purpose: -- Under the direction of the Director of Surgery,
care for and maintain surgical instruments and trays. Major areas
of responsibility include instrument decontamination, cleaning,
observation for broken parts, maintenance, assembly and wrapping of
instruments and/or trays. -- Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Supervisor to make recommendation for updates
of instrument processing, storage and set up. ------
- Correct, clean and reassemble instrument sets utilizing
instrument count sheets. Correctly wrap and prepare sets for
sterilization based on knowledge of sterilization methods required
for specific instruments/equipment. These activities must occur on
a consistent basis.
- Display flexibility towards schedule changes, reassignment and
assisting other employees in the Surgery Department.-- ----
- Obtain correct instrument or instrument set and deliver to the
patient operating room in a timely fashion upon request of an item.
- Prepare, sort, file, copy and distribute correspondence, forms,
reports and other documents in a timely, efficient manner. ----
- Promote positive interrelationships with patients, visitors,
physicians, staff and other hospital employees. ------
- Utilize automated processes and clinical information systems
appropriately and efficiently. ------
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the
overall function of this position.-- -- --Minimum
- Able to read, write and follow verbal orders. Preferred
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous health care experience preferred. Physical
Requirements: Employees in this position are, or can be, required
to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital -- St. Anthony Hospital is a
601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology,
oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital,
established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves
the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout
Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals.
Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency
and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the
metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May
2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards
including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified
Healthy Business, Premier QUEST-- Award for High-value Healthcare
Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at
performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than
local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital, Norman , Sterile Processing Technician, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!