Furniture Sales Specialist
Company: Big Lots
Posted on: September 20, 2022
When you join our team, you'll enjoy extra savings with a 20%
discount on almost everything in store - even food! And a 30%
discount on Indoor and Outdoor furniture. Additional benefits
include a same day pay option (hourly associates only), discounts
on Apple products, Verizon, AT&T services, and more! For More
information about benefits, see
Responsible for providing superior customer service and maintaining
in-depth knowledge of products, services, and payment options.
Utilizes appropriate sales techniques to drive furniture sales and
build customer relationships. Accountable for the operational,
merchandising, and cleanliness aspects of the furniture department.
May be tasked with general store duties including cashiering,
customer service, and light cleaning or maintenance as
1. Spends quality time with customers by listening to their needs
and providing product, services, and payment option information,
competing product comparisons, and recommendations.
2. Maintains up to date knowledge of product details, competing
product comparison information, services, and payment option
offerings to assist customers in making informed decisions and
ensuring complete satisfaction.
3. Consistently utilizes cross-selling techniques as
4. Assists with basic clienteling activities.
5. Assists in maintaining accurate records related to furniture
inventory, price holds, special orders, customer pick-ups, etc.
6. Participates in the warehousing and organization of furniture
stock and merchandise carry-outs. May assist in truck unload as
7. Identifies and communicates furniture display needs and
assembles display items as needed.
8. Ensures all processes and procedures related to furniture
transactions are completed properly and operates point-of-sale
systems efficiently and accurately.
9. Assists in maintaining the merchandising and presentation
standards of the department and performs merchandise recovery
functions as needed.
10. Maintains appearance of the store's interior and exterior to
company standards, including light maintenance duties and
11. Performs other tasks as assigned by Furniture and Store
Leadership, including general store duties, shrink control, and
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
3. Prior retail sales experience and knowledge of sales techniques
4. Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights,
weekends and holidays required.
5. Previous experience operating a point of sale system
6. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds
required. Ability to unload freight, move product on and off store
shelves, perform merchandise carry-outs, and to walk, stand, bend,
stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely
throughout store on a continual basis required.
7. Basic English literacy and math skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Keywords: Big Lots, Norman , Furniture Sales Specialist, Sales , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!